TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document outlines the Terms and Conditions for Israel Go funding support administered by the Zionist Federation of Australia (ZFA) for participants of Masa-approved programs in Israel (Masa Programs).
You and your parent or guardian must read these Terms and Conditions in full.
Israel Go funding support
Israel Go funds are generously donated by Keren Hayesod-UIA and private philanthropists to ensure that financial hardship is not a barrier to experiencing Israel with a Masa Program.
Israel Go funding support is available for Masa Programs which commence after 1 January 2022.
To be eligible for Israel Go funding support, you must:
- be Jewish;
- be a graduate of a secondary school and/or be between the ages of 17 and 21;
- have not been on an organised post-high school program (including an academic program) of more than four months in Israel since September 2004;
- not have Israeli citizenship, or if you do, you must have left Israel before the age of 14 and have lived outside of Israel for at least four consecutive years prior to receiving your grant;
- have not spent four consecutive months or longer in Israel within the 24-month period prior to the start of your chosen Masa Program after the age of 18; and
- register for a Masa Program in Israel and be accepted by that program provider to join the program.
The eligibility criteria and the award of Israel Go funding support is at all times subject to the ZFA’s absolute discretion.
Israel Go funding support is provided by the ZFA to applicants on an opt-in basis and is not means-tested. Applicants may opt in to receive Israel Go support funding by checking the box as indicated on the Israel Go application form.
By opting-in to receive Israel Go funding support, you and your parent / guardian each agree to these Terms and Conditions and agree that the ZFA may in its sole discretion cancel your Israel Go funding support, including if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Payment of Israel Go funding support
Applicants who receive Israel Go funding and who comply with these Terms and Conditions will receive:
- for Masa Programs of 4-6 months, a grant of AUD $5,000
- for Masa Programs longer than 6 months, a grant of up to AUD $10,000
Israel Go grants will be paid directly to the applicant’s applicable Masa Program provider by way of contribution towards the costs of the Masa Program. Payment will be made in two equal 50% instalments:
- The first instalment will be paid to the Masa Program provider four weeks after the applicant commences the Masa Program and if the applicant has remained in the program up until that point.
- The second instalment will be paid to the Masa Program after the Masa Program has finished, provided the applicant completes the program.
Each Masa Program has its own set of rules that participants agree to and must abide by in order to participate in that program.
If you are expelled from your Masa Program for any reason, including because you have breached the rules of the Masa Program, the ZFA may withhold Israel Go funding support and may also require you (or, as applicable, your parent or guardian) to repay to the ZFA amounts paid by the ZFA to your Masa Program provider.
Leaving a Masa Program early
If you leave your Masa Program early, such as on compassionate grounds including but not limited to illness or bereavement, the ZFA may in its sole discretion pay to your Masa Program provider an amount of grant calculated on a pro rata basis according to the period in which you participated in the Masa Program.
Limitation of liability
The ZFA’s payment of grants to the Masa Program provider pursuant to these Terms and Conditions does not create any legal or equitable relationship between the ZFA and the relevant Masa Program provider.
Your participation in the Masa Program is governed by a separate agreement between you and the Masa Program provider. The ZFA is not a party to that agreement.
Accordingly, you acknowledge that the ZFA:
- is not responsible or liable in any way for the conduct of the Masa Program in which you participate; and
- will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, action, demand or costs which you incur in connection with your participation in the applicable Masa Program.